Once again, Thomas Stanley wrote a book I really enjoyed. He profiled American women with more than a million dollars in assets. Here’s what I learned about them:
- They live below their means. Their cars cost less than $30,000, their homes less than $300,000 and they don’t spend a lot of money.
- They are small business owners. They have lots of assets and not necessarily a big salary.
- They have no debt.
- They do their own investing.
- They spend 10+ hours a week managing their finances, budget and investing.
- They are very generous, giving lots of time and money to family and good causes.
- Most people that know them would never guess they are millionaires.
- They are happy.
- They value being financially independent.
- They enjoy their work. They work for themselves.