We told our 5 year old about the baby
We told our 5 year old last night that he is going to have a baby brother or
sister … He was very pensive the whole time and thought about it
quite a bit.
We asked what he thought about having a baby brother or sister.
We told him it wasn’t a choice, so he decided it must be a girl since all his baby cousins are girls.
He asked the following questions:
- Will I have to share my bionicles?
- How are you going to sleep? Don’t sleep on your stomach or you might hurt the baby!
- Are you going to sleep in those clothes? Won’t the baby fall out
when you take them off? (So we had to explain the baby was IN my
stomach and I showed him my stomach.)
- How will the baby get out? (It will be born. Oh! I was born.)
- Can I sit next to the baby on the way home from the hospital?
- Can I teach it to ride a bike? She can have my little blue one.
- Can she sleep with me? I’ll wake you up if she cries.
It was very cute and a much more thoughtful conversation than I was expecting.