I’ve been talking about buying a new digital camera for years now and it’s time. However, comparing the all of the features is difficult. My primary requirements are:
- Small. The smaller the better as I’m much more likely to actually carry it around and take pictures. (If my cell phone camera were better quality it would work great.)
- Fast pictures. I want to hit the button and have it take a picture right then, not 2 seconds later.
Nice to have would be:
- Easy to use.
- Lots of optical zoom.
- Lots of presettings, like outdoor, close up, etc.
So far I’ve found two:
- Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z850: Digital Photography Review. Very small. Fast shutter speed. Can take three pictures in a second.
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1: Digital Photography Review. Small (but twice as heavy as the Casio), fast, and it has all my "nice to haves" but NO VIEWFINDER! And I always look through the viewfinder. Could I live without it?
Comments? Suggestions? Other cameras you like? Other places to look for reviews?