Reading blogs: Bloglines vs Google Reader
- It’s easier to add a feed, i.e. blog. It’s one click instead of several screens.
- It’s easier to change a feed’s folder, i.e. category.
- I can set it up to only show me the feeds that have new posts.
- If I click on a folder, it doesn’t mark all the posts read until I actually scroll past them. (In Bloglines, if I clicked on a folder all 200+ unread messages I had to read them all right then as they all got marked read immediately.)
Things I liked better in Bloglines:
- I could put my folders in any order I wanted. Google Reader puts them in alphabetical order.
- Pictures and links in the posts seemed to show up better in Bloglines.