Book review: The Age of Turbulence, Alan Greenspan
I am listening to The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan and in the first few chapters I’ve already learned some interesting things. On economics:
- The interest rate reflects how much money is available for investing. Our interest rates are low because people have saved lots of money and are investing it.
About Alan Greenspan:
- He was raised by a single mom.
- He learned math from following baseball statistics.
- His first professional job was playing the saxophone.
- When the 9/11 attacks happened, he was sitting on a plane on the way home from Zurich. The plane had to turn around and go back to Zurich.