Too many good books …
In case you are wondering why I haven’t posted any book reviews lately … it’s because I have been getting so many good books that I’ve started lots of them and not finished any of them. I’m currently reading:
- The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World by Alan Greenspan. I’m currently listening to this one and it’s really interesting but the second half of the book has had a lot of economic and financial concepts in it that are fascinating but sometimes require me to listen twice to actually get what he’s saying.
- Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmers’ Guide, Second Edition I’m learning Ruby, the programming language. This book is good but not something you read cover to cover in one setting.
- The Rise of the Creative Class: And How It’s Transforming Work, Leisure, Community and Everyday Life Very interesting. The preface starts out explaining why some cities have been more successful than others in the new economy. Diversity and tolerance correlate very highly with creativity. Cities that entice high tech workers are also attractive to people with alternative life styles. Lots to think about. But not a quick read.
- The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (Rachel Morgan, Book 2) In my unending search for new good science fiction I stumbled onto the vampire, witch and werewolf subgenre. I’ve been enjoying them. (And I haven’t read Book 1 in this series yet as I got this one first through Paperbackswap/Bookmooch. But Book 2 is good so I will be reading Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan, Book 1))
- Mavericks at Work: Why the Most Original Minds in Business Win I haven’t officially started this one yet but I just got it in the mail today and it’s sitting on the table next to me, tempting me …
So I’ll let you know how it goes.