I got a Zuca Pro for Christmas and I love it. I think Zuca should be paying me sales commissions because every where I go, I get asked about it. At a recent conference, one colleague, after hearing me explain at least 10 times what my suitcase was, suggested that I just ask for the stage to give a 10 minute demo to everyone! (And I got emails afterwards asking where to buy one!)
You should get a Zuca if:
- You love having a suitcase with just the right place or pocket for everything.
- You like having a conversation piece.
The Zuca was designed for travel. It comes with:
- 5 color coded pack-its in different sizes,
- a clear bag for cosmetics for going through airport security
- lots of pockets, including one waterproof one big enough for several swimsuits or workout clothes and outside ones that can hold keys or laptops.
- a built-in seat for airport waits
- very stable wheels and handle
- the right size to roll down the airplane aisle without hitting everyone
- handles on the top and bottom for easy picking up
- an extra long towing handle
Pros, the things I like about my Zuca:
- Organization. The built-in packets make it easy to pack and to find whatever you are looking for. With 5 packits, there’s enough for all my clothes. The extra pockets are also very convenient. I use the waterproof one for workout clothes, the outside one for my laptop, the mesh one for my shoes, …
- Seat. I thought the seat on top was kind of funny but I’ve used it quite a bit. When there’s a wait at my airport gate, I just wheel my suitcase over to the wall and sit down and lean against the wall.
- Stable. It rolls much better than my old Dakota suitcase.
- Capacity. It looks smaller than my Dakota – it is smaller – but it holds all the same stuff!
Cons, things I don’t like so much:
- Overhead bin. It doesn’t fit handle out in the overhead bin of all airplanes. However, it still looks small and compact and I haven’t had anyone complain about it.
- Overstuffed. While it hold all the same stuff as my Dakota, it is not as easy to get to everything. The door that the packits go in through is narrower than a stuffed packit. You have to pull the top one out before you can get to the others. If you are using all the packits, you can’t just open up your suitcase and shove your coat in on top, you have to organize and arrange. (Note that on short two day trips I don’t use all the packits and my coat fits fine.) At the hotel, you aren’t going to want to leave all the packits in the suitcase, you’ll need to put them in a drawer or spread them out so you can get to them easily.
The Zuca makes it really easy to organize and pack. It’s also very comfortable to roll through the airport. And it’s a conversation starter where ever you go! I’m very glad I have one.
(This suitcase is the Zuca Pro which is not the same as the Zuca Sport which is more of a bookbag.)