With an unprecedented number of friends visiting New Orleans in the next couple of months, I put together my top list of things to do.
- Spend evenings on Frenchmen Street rather than Bourbon Street.
- Walk down Royal and check out the antiques.
- Have the double chocolate bread pudding at Red Fish. (We usually split an appetizer and the bread pudding.)
- Have goat cheese crepes at Muriel’s at the bar.
- Take the cocktail tour. There’s lots of fun historical stories involved.
- Talk to the locals, especially on buses.
- Have stuffed chicken wings at Nola’s.
- Take the street car out to the Garden District and walk around.
And a bonus one:
- Have a chicken biscuit at Johnny’s Po-Boys for breakfast.
Enjoy! And then tell me what you’d add …