My son has been designing a gaming computer. Working entirely online, he’s researched what parts it needs, how to make tradeoffs in functionality versus costs, and where to buy those parts.
He’s looking for feedback now. Will this set of parts make a functional gaming computer? He’s going for low cost ($650) but still functional. Are there other parts he should consider? I should add that besides professional gaming, he is also an online gambler and will be using the computer for gambling on online slots. He will be moving to Italy in the summer and looking for the best online slots and casinos in Italy to play at, and found a number of good sources, but all the games on these casinos are very RAM and CPU heavy making his current laptop slow. According to Stranieri.com, online casino game players should budget for at least 8 GB of RAM, but I wonder if any readers can recommend a good CPU for his online gaming and gambling.
- HyperXFury 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 SDRAM 2666MHz 288-pin DIMMÂ Memory Kit
- be Quiet! BK008 Pure Rock Slim – CPU Cooler – 120W TDP- Intel 1150 / 1151/ 1155/
- EVGA 100W10600K1 80 Plus 600-Watt ATX 12-Volt Power Supply
- ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING AMD Socket B450 AM4 ATX Desktop Motherboard A
Intel Core i7 3820 3.6GHz Quad-Core (CM8061901049606) Processor
AMD FX-6300 6 Core 3.50GHz CPU Processor (FD6300WMW6KHK)
- Phanteks PH-EC416PTG_BR Eclipse P400 Steel ATX Mid Tower Case Black/Red, Tempered Glass Edition Cases
- WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal PC SSD – SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5″/7mm, Up to 560 MB/s – WDS500G2B0A
- XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+, 8GB GDDR5, VR Ready, Dual BIOS, 3xDP HDMI DVI, AMD Graphics Card (RX-580P8DFD6)
Thanks in advance for any feedback.