The city of Chicago is trying to curb prostitution by posting the pictures of men arrested for soliciting prostitutes.
How well it works is going to depend on what type of man usually visits a prostitute. I would think factors that would make a difference are:
- Do they have wives and children?
- Do their friends think visiting a prostitute is ok, cool, terrible, brave, fun, …
- Do they tell their family and friends that they visit prostitutes? Don’t assume they don’t!
- Would it affect their employment at all?
- Do their friends, family, and employers have easy internet access?
- Do they have easy internet access?