I have a standing weekly appointment with someone and 80% of the time she calls to reschedule. I thought I’d share some of the excuses. I believe they are all real – I just can’t believe they all happen to one person!
- Looking for son’s dog that was stolen. (They found the dog.)
- Granddaughter slipped on the ice and broke her nose and has to be taken to the emergency room.
- Car got stuck in the snow three times on the way. (We had lots of snow this year in Colorado!)
- Babysitter didn’t show up.
- Has a court date.
- Daughter had surgery yesterday and is throwing up violently today and needs to be taken back to the doctor.
- Has meetings with teachers.
- Has jury duty.
- … and then the normal "I’m sick."
What’s the best excuse you’ve heard or used?
Photo "The Dog Ate My Homework" by mygothlaundry.