I was talking to Leslie Hawthorn and we had what we thought was a brilliant idea for a new business for writers. At least we'd sign up to be customers!
Business idea: Writing LinkedIn Recommendations
Here's how it could work:
- Potential customer pays for help writing a recommendation. ($10-20?)
- Potential customer calls writer. (Or writer calls the customer. I think this would have to be a phone call, not a voice mail, but maybe not.)
- In 5 minutes or less the customer tells the writer what they like or admire about their colleague.
- Writer rights up the recommendation in a format suitable for LinkedIn (a couple of sentences) and emails it to the customer.
- Customer posts the recommendation to LinkedIn.
Any writers looking for some part time work?
LIMITED TIME OFFER:
In order to see how this would work, I am making a limited time offer. For the first 6 people to donate $60 or more to the GNOME Foundation or to Kids on Computers and to email me saying they'd like to take me up on this offer, I will help write 3 recommendations. Obviously we will have to set up a time to talk and you will have to tell me what's good about the people you want to recommend.
For samples of my writing, you can read this blog or see the recommendations I have written on LinkedIn for people I recommend.
This offer is good until February 26th or until a total of 6 people have signed up, which ever comes first.